Joan Mitchell Center FAQ
- I’m a New Orleans based artist, how do I apply for the New Orleans Local Artist (NOLA) Studio Program?
The Joan Mitchell Center engages local organizations and institutions as nominators for its local artist studio program to ensure diversity of applicants. We do not accept unsolicited requests at this time.
- How can my organization partner with the Joan Mitchell Center?
The Joan Mitchell Center has a strong commitment to developing relationships with community members, organizations and institutions. Attending an event at the Center (such as a Community Coffee) is an ideal way to get a sense of the Center’s values, and to meet staff members. Please review the Community Partnerships page to learn more and email email@example.com with any requests for partnership.
- I work for a New Orleans based organization and we have a guest coming into town. Can I apply to have them stay at the Joan Mitchell Center?
Accommodations are based on availability, project proposal and community engagement efforts in New Orleans. For inquiries on guest stay, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I apply to present for Visual MashUp?
The content for this series is based on an annual theme, and curated by the Joan Mitchell Center’s Advisory Council, community partners, and staff. Applications are accepted online, to apply please visit this application page.
- How do I apply for employment at the Joan Mitchell Center?
Any current opportunities can be found on the Jobs & Internships page of this website. Resumes may be submitted for consideration and will be kept on file.
- I have heard that organization funding is available. How can my non-profit apply for funding?
The Joan Mitchell Center itself is not a grant making institution, but a residency program of the Joan Mitchell Foundation. Please review the Organizational Grant Program page to learn more about organizational funding by the Foundation. Any other inquiries regarding funding should be directed to Grants Program Director Allison Hawkins at email@example.com.
- What are the office hours at the Joan Mitchell Center?
We are open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Central Standard Time.
- How do I apply for the Artist In Residence Program?
The Artist In Residence Program for 2015 and 2016 will be open to past Painters & Sculptors and MFA Grant Program Recipients of the Joan Mitchell Foundation. If you are a past recipient, you will be notified when applications for 2015-16 are being accepted. In 2016, we anticipate an open call for applications for 2017, which will be posted on this website.