The Foundation Jobs & Internships
New York, NY
STATUS: Part Time – Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Finance and Administration, HR Consultant
The Joan Mitchell Foundation celebrates the life of abstract artist Joan Mitchell by expanding awareness of her pioneering work and fulfilling her wish to support and provide opportunities for visual artists. Through grants, residencies, and related initiatives, the Foundation advances the work of today's artists and amplifies their essential contributions to communities around the world.
A Human Resources (HR) Assistant is a professional who handles the daily administrative and HR duties of an organization. This person assists with recruitment, human resources record maintenance, providing data for payroll processing and with providing clerical support to certain employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assist with day to day administrative HR duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to SDF&A and Nonprofit HR Consultant
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and required reports relating to staff activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating HR projects (meetings, training, surveys, etc.) and take minutes
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data related to staff changes (accrued leave, titles, pay, medical leaves, etc.)
- Maintain records of employee relations matters
- Assist with recruiting efforts, to include coordinating communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Assist in coordinating on site onboarding & orientation for newly hired employees
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Human Resources certification preferred, though not required
- At least two years of higher-level education
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position in an office setting
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
To be qualified, an individual must have the requisite skills, experience and education for the job and must also be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The Joan Mitchell Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with the Subject Line: JMF-HR Assistant
To learn more about the work of the Joan Mitchell Foundation, visit joanmitchellfoundation.org/about.