Joan Mitchell (1925–1992) was an American artist whose career spanned more than four decades, from her first professional solo exhibition in 1950 until her death in 1992. Most known for her large, abstract oils on canvas, Mitchell also created smaller paintings, as well as an extensive body of works on paper and prints.
About Joan Mitchell
Archives & Research
- Does the Foundation provide authentications?
No, the Foundation does not authenticate works of art.
- Does the Foundation do appraisals of artwork by Joan Mitchell?
No. The following organizations publish directories of their members, who provide appraisal services: Amercian Society of Appraisers, Appraisers Association of America, and the International Society of Appraisers.
- I want to reproduce an image by Joan Mitchell, what do I need to do?
Please visit the page on copyright info for more details.
- Is there a Catalogue Raisonné of Joan Mitchell’s work?
The Catalogue Raisonné project was established in 2015 and is now collecting information on the paintings of Joan Mitchell. Current or previous owners of Mitchell's work can contact the project manager at [email protected].
- I own a Joan Mitchell painting and would like to submit info on the artwork for the Catalogue Raisonné.
Please contact us at [email protected] to let us know about your painting.